MagCloud is a sweet, novelty service that allows you to create a real magazine. The process seems pretty straight forward.
- Create your own document in whatever program you wish. The file dimensions need to be 8.5″ X 11″. If you want photographs to bleed to the edge, create your document at 8.75″ X 11.25″. You can easily create this file in Microsoft Word, Photoshop, or other layout programs. If you use InDesign grab their template here.
- Export your layout to a multi-page PDF. You can use PrimoPDF to create a multi-page PDF from any program. It works as a secondary printer that prints to a file.
- Upload your PDF and they send you a proof in the mail.
- Once approved, your project gets published and others can go online and purchase your magazine. You can even make a profit on your
The pricing is very reasonable – .20 per page. A 50-page magazine would cost $10.00 + shipping. You can add up to 100 pages and a minimum of 4 pages. Page counts must be a multiple of four.
Ideas For Your Own Magazine
- Annual Church Event Calendar / Directory
- Yearly Student Curriculum Book
- Student Trip Memory Books
- Wedding Albums For Family Members
- Collaborative Stories (Each student submits their own page)
These are just a few ideas to get your brain gears turning. I’m sure you can come up with something awesome for your ministry. If you create a magazine, send me an email and I’ll post it below for others to see.